Thursday, June 30, 2022

Flower Power

Time for another garden update.

First off, the elderberry has made another appearance, after dying back from some powdery mildew for the billionth time.

I've been taking extra care not to get any water on the leaves when I water it and the yarrow in this pot. We'll see if that helps.

The new lantana is looking good.

Although I think one of them might be the wrong color.

It still looks lovely, but I wanted the purple, not the red. Oh well.

The third one I planted had a bit of a setback due to some water stress, but is still alive.

It should hopefully look less ugly as it recovers and establishes itself.

Speaking of establishing, the two that survived the frostpocalypse are a bit small but doing quite well.

They look about the same as each other, so just look at this picture twice and pretend I showed you both of them.

The spanish lavender is very well established now.

The french lavender is looking nice too, but it wasn't in the mood to be photogenic today, so I'll try to grab a snap of it another time.

The mexican heather continues to exist, somehow, though it has yet to surpass its original size when I planted it.

Alive is better than dead, at least.

The beardtongue is blooming right now for some reason.

Go figure.

Speaking of blooms, the rose is looking mighty rosy lately.

I have a new set of stakes to prop up this bush since it has well outgrown the original set, but I've been lazy about putting them in.

The gerbera daisy is blooming too.

I probably should have snipped off the seed heads before taking this photo. Oh well.

No comments: