Tuesday, February 1, 2022

I Got That Swag

In this case "that swag" is a portaband table for my portaband, made by Swag Offroad. Yeah, that's their real name.

Now it's still a portaband so the cut doesn't exactly go at light speed, but it does do the job in the end and especially for small parts it's nice to not have to use 3-4 hands to hold the saw and the part at the same time. It's also nice that it doesn't take up a ton of space in my car hole.

My one disappointment is that it really needs a second setscrew to properly hold the portaband in place, and in fact comes with a hole drilled and tapped for it, just no second set screw. Thankfully getting one isn't hard to do, but it'd be nice if it came in the box.

I'm glad I got the model with the foot pedal control (you plug the saw into the foot pedal, obviously doesn't work with battery powered saws) since you basically clamp the trigger into the 'on' position when using it in a table like this.

In all, I'm happy with it.

No comments: