Monday, September 21, 2020

Keeping My Cool

 So when I moved in here the little knob for the fridge water filter thing was broken, and left behind by the previous owners. I glued it back together and shoved it back into service, but sadly it only lasted one filter before it broke again. Fail me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fail me -- you can't get failed again.

Naturally the only logical option is to 3d print a replacement, and that's exactly what I did.


I ended up splitting this print into two identical halves so I didn't have to worry about printing overhangs. Oddly enough I had a little bit of post-printing warping where the split line ended up bowing a little after removing the print from the printer. A little 120 grit post processing cleared up that issue right quick though, and I superglued both halves together.

I'd say it's a nice improvement over not having a knob.


Another item checked off the list.

No comments: