Saturday, January 12, 2019

Dishwasher or Floorwasher?

So on Friday morning I decided to set the dishwasher going as I was heading out the door. The first thing it does when it starts a cycle is to drain whatever water is left in the bottom of the dishwasher from the last time, and the sound of it draining sounded slightly odd to my ears.

I switched the dishwasher back off and opened the sink cupboard, and lo and behold the drain had become disconnected because the hose clamp had never been properly tightened. Great. That would explain the splashing noise I heard.

I did a bit of quick triage of the water that spilled and decided to ignore it until I got home that evening, at which point I spent about an hour sweating and swearing, reaching around behind the sink to put the hose back on and get it properly cranked down. Good news is that this effort was eventually a success, and I was able to run through a cycle on the dishwasher without any issues. Huzzah!

No comments: