Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life, with a soundtrack

So today was my first day of iPodding it. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the headphones don't really block out much sound, so I was still able to get some warning of the cars about to hit me so I could jump out of the way.

I also found that the headphones were not at all uncomfortable to wear, which is a welcome change from most headphones that seem hell-bent on mutilating my ears in every imaginable way. I also found the headphones quite useful for playing with my DS on the train, as the trains are anything but quiet.

I think this will be a good iPod for me. For general listening, I only really need one button: "play something". The shuffle admittedly has one or two other buttons, but I can forgive it.

The only downside is that it won't be very useful for listening to podcasts, and will be utterly useless for watching video podcasts. I suppose I'll just have to save up for a video iPod next year.

Randomly, it just occurred to me that I got all this nice software in my goodie bag, but my G3 is too old and slow to run any of it. Damnit!

2 comments:

noricum said...

You could give iWork to me... ;)

Unknown said...

I guess you will just have to save up for a new i-mac for next summer.