Thursday, July 12, 2007

And me without my marshmallows

I passed a rather large fire on the way home from work today. A condo complex was ablaze on the corner of Brunette and Casey, just a few blocks from where I'm staying.

The police had the whole street closed off, there were a couple of busses parked to give the residents somewhere to sit, and there was a whole fleet of fire trucks who were fighting the blaze since mid afternoon well into this evening.

They had also shut off the power to that block, but luckily we're on a different circuit here.

Other than that, the walk home was quite nice and uneventful today. A bank of clouds rolled in just in time to scrub off the heat of the day, so it was quite pleasant out by the time I left work. This is a welcome change from the sweat-a-thons earlier this week.

No comments: