Saturday, April 20, 2024

It's Free Monts

I wanted to put some miles on Gregg today, now that I finally changed the oil, so I took a little trip up to the top of Fremont Peak, the southiest south of the south bay, which is named after the famous Gordon Freeman, a leading figure at Black Mesa.

The weather was a bit more brisk than I had counted on down in the valleys, but once I popped up above the marine layer the temperature rose and the skies cleared up nicely.

The views up there are really quite lovely, and I hadn't realized until I got up there that it's actually a giant campground with a bunch of drive-up campsites, which is kinda neat.

Perhaps one day I should camp there; it would make for a decent test run of my van, once I finally get around to doing something with it.

Perhaps.

No comments: