Sunday, June 20, 2010

Walk a mile in my shoes, or maybe 7.5 miles

Yesterday (Saturday) I was contemplating taking a quick train ride up to SF to wander around a bit. The purpose of this journey would be twofold: Firstly, it would get me out and about and doing some physical activity, which has been in short supply ever since that little incident with the longboard. Secondly, it would provide an opportunity to drop by an American Apparel store to spend a $5 coupon I have.

Unfortunately two things conspired against me: The item I was hoping to purchase was only available through their online store, and I was feeling a bit off on Saturday morning, and didn't want to be stuck in SF if I should happen to get properly sick.

Thankfully I am undeterred by such minor setbacks, and went about formulating a Plan-B. This plan, as it would turn out, was to take a walk from my apartment over to Stevens Creek Trail. I wasn't sure how much walking I'd be in shape for, so I left open the option to perhaps walk a section of the trail as well, though that didn't turn out to be the case.

I managed to keep up a good pace and walked the 7.5 mile round trip in about 2 hours. I took my GPS along with me (though I haven't downloaded the log yet) and the heart rate monitor showed me keeping me ticker ticking at a good 125-130bpm, which is a nice moderate aerobic level for me.

In case you're dying of curiosity, the exact map of my journey is as thus:


View Larger Map

No comments: