Wednesday, October 3, 2018

It's Time to Pack My Bags

The property management has recently got their panties in a twist about my bamboo and has been handling the situation in a very poor way, leading to a great deal of stress for me since Friday. On top of that, today they decided that it's somehow unreasonable for me to park 3 motorcycles in my one parking spot, even though they take up less space than a single car and all fit well within the confines of the spot. Add to this the continuing aggravation of the neighbour's range hood vent blowing directly into my apartment and it all leads to one conclusion: As much as I like living in Cupertino, I'm done with apartment life.

Moving away from Cupertino is a bit of an unfortunate financial side-effect, as I'll only likely have about $400k to put down (depending on market fluctuations, taxes, exchange rates etc), and with the monthly payment range I'd like to hit that'll leave me in the $1.2 mil range, and there's just nothing in Cupertino at that price range. Thankfully I don't have to go too far to find good houses for that amount, and I think a change of scenery might do me some good, shake things up a little.

I got a recommendation for a good real estate agent from a friend so I'll be having a chat with them soon to see what makes sense for me. I might take a bit of a hit breaking my lease early, but I think not having someone constantly looking over my shoulder judging me and trying to enforce arbitrary and absurd rules will do wonders for my happiness.

No comments: