Saturday, September 29, 2018

The Sweet Taste of Defeat

The pile of parts is still a pile of parts, and not yet a functional bike. Ran into a snag when swapping the brake cables when the banjo bolt stripped out the lever way short of the spec torque. Not impressed. On the other hand waiting on the replacement part will give me an excuse to strip down Phoenix Down so I can get the frame replaced.

In other news I trimmed the bamboo this morning. The landlord left a note on my door saying "we've hired a tree crew and they're going to enter your patio" rather than, say, calling me and telling me that they'd like me to trim my bamboo. I guess that's a little bit too much to expect. Hopefully this will ward them off and they won't butcher the bamboo with a hedge trimmer like they did last time.

No comments: