Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Phoenix Down is Down

Looks like my ENERGY LEGS have claimed another victim, and this time it's the frame of my road bike, or at least a weld between the chainstay and the rear dropout.


Sadness and woe. I'm pretty sure I can get a replacement from Cannondale but I'm thinking of maybe going a bit more upmarket and getting this fancy-pants Colnago C64 frame:


I'll be transferring most of the parts from Phoenix Down over (should I go this route) and probably upgrading one or two bits that I've been overdue on refreshing. It's a little spendy but nothing out of my reach; assuming I can get a replacement frame from Cannondale I'll sell that off to help offset the cost, but it's not a big deal either way.

It's a good thing I have more than one bike, there's still a good 2 months of bicycle commuting left before the time change.

No comments: