Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's a good thing I check these things

While I was waiting for my Prob Theory class to start this afternoon, a classmate of mine brought up the subject of the academic proficiency scholarship, noting that he'd finally been credited with his. I checked the website to see if I'd got one myself, but it came up blank.

After the class I headed down to the awards office to see if I hadn't qualified, or if they were still churning through the list or whatever. It turned out that I hadn't got it because my program was still listed as "general studies" rather than indicating that I was in the 4 year honours program. After a quick trip to the records office to correct that oversight, I was awarded the scholarship.

Yay, free money.

Also, the full-time faculty is threatening to go on strike, which might throw a monkey wrench into things. I contacted the convocation office about making a contingency plan in case a regular graduation would be delayed, but it seems that they don't yet know what might happen in that regard, so while I'll be keeping on top of the situation, there isn't much to do at the moment except wait.

No comments: