Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Third time's a charm

As I posted previously, I finally got my bike home from the bike shop and have since been riding it to work most every day. I've also taken it up in the hills a few times, and this past weekend on my third attempt I managed to make it to the top of my favourite route, up Moody and Page Mill road. Yay me!

The bike was delightful to ride and handled the hills splendidly. I was originally worried that the gearing might not be low enough, but it turned out to not be a problem.

I probably would have been successful the first two attempts, but it was much hotter on those two days so I ran out of water both times.

2 comments:

Erich said...

I guess you should be in shape to tackle all the Manitoba hills when you get back!!

Dad

noricum said...

Are you getting e-mails at ubb? It seems strange to e-mail you and not hear back...