Monday, December 29, 2008

Credit cards

Apparently someone swiped my credit card number and tried to go on a $500 shopping spree at Walmart. The CC company phoned me this morning to let me know, and automatically cancelled the charges.

I think the number probably got stolen when I was having lunch at Subway across from the U of W back during exams. The transaction didn't complete the first try, and the machine spit out an error message with the full card number on it, and I didn't think to take that receipt. There were some seedy people there that day (trying to steal potato chips of all things); they probably picked it up off the counter when nobody was looking.

Oh well, it's no bother. They've already mailed out a new card.

2 comments:

noricum said...

Urgh! Best make sure there aren't any other charges sneaking on your card...

tygunn said...

Man, I had much more interesting fraudulent charges on my card! :) You didn't even get "Aussie-fraud"! :)

Yeah, bit of a PITA huh?