Monday, May 26, 2008

Page Mill Road

Today I decided I felt like a challenge, so I got on my bike and rode up the side of a very large hill.


View Larger Map

That's 8.7 miles and 2200 vertical feet.

It took me roughly 1:45 to go from A to B, and 0:30 to go from B to A. My ears popped on the way down.

Going up was pure hell, but when I turned around to go back down again it was all worth it. The speed was incredible, slicing through the curves, passing cars, the wail of the wind in my face. I did manage to goof up one corner and ended up going off the road a little bit, but luckily it was just up the side of a hill and I didn't even fall off.

I think I might even do it again next weekend... or whenever my legs start working again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A gentle reminder from your mother. Remember the wrists! Keep in one piece please.

Nicoya said...

Yes yes, I remember! :)

Bob Ludwick said...

That must have been a "yellow" jacket that you had on going downhill. :-)