Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh I've seen fire and I've seen rain...

I lie of course, all I saw today was snow. Miserable, mucky snow. When it wasn't blinding me in a curtain of white, it was melting on the road, then spraying up on my car and freezing on contact, turning every vehicle on the road into an ugly brown icecube.. and if it wasn't doing that, it was melting and evaporating with such vigour that it created a nice layer of fog just on the highway.

Also I got a small stone chip in the upper right of my brand new windshield.

Had Arbys for lunch, a delicious Reuben with a side of curly fries.

I had to take a detour through Rigby before going through Idaho Falls, since the interstate was closed for some reason.

Staying in a Motel 6 tonight in Twin Falls, ID. They charge $3 for internet! The nerve.


View Larger Map

Tomorrow I'll hopefully roll into Mountain View.

Edit: Forgot to mention this: Twin Falls is really beautiful. They've got this big canyon thing and all, definitely worth taking pictures if you're the picture-taking type (I'm not).

3 comments:

noricum said...

You can't take a road trip with a new windshild and not get a stone chip. Nature abhors a perfect windshield. (Glass places will do repairs, and I think it's either cheap, or you get your money back.)

Did you remember to bring iSwatchy?

tygunn said...

Yup, usually Autosmack will repair a chip for free because they don't want to have to replace the windshield.

I tell yah man, you should've just gotten a Costco palette of windshields and been done with it.

Oh, and shame on you for not taking a picture of the scenery! I will be flying OVER said scenery with no chance to enjoy!

noricum said...

Tyler: I think you mean pallet. Or do you think he needs to be looking through rose coloured glasses?