Monday, August 13, 2007

Totally Non-Causal

So it must be RANDOM! And that would just about describe my day today.

It started off simply enough with my thanks-for-being-an-intern goodie bag from Apple arriving. Well, I shouldn't really say that; it started with Andy's intern goodie bag arriving, then an hour or two later mine arrived. Go figure.

My List'o'loot includes: an Apple pen, an Apple water bottle, an Apple note pad, an Apple t-shirt (size small, durr), a copy of Final Cut Studio 2 (all 9 DVDs worth), a copy of iWork (I damn well better get a copy), and last but not least...

A lovely silver iPod Shuffle (1GB)! Awesome!

A little later in the day the randomness continued with a surprise (to me, at least) conference with none other than Tim Bray, who came by to give a talk about how wonderful and marvelous Atom is. (more specifically, the Atom Publishing Protocol)

He gave a lovely talk, and I was able to ask him some very interesting questions. All in all he seemed like quite a nice person.

So all in all, it was a very random day indeed.

4 comments:

tygunn said...

MAN, I wanna be an intern for the free goodies! :)

Yeah, the whole "spoil the IT worker" thing never happens in Winnipeg.

Nicoya said...

You get even better stuff when you sign up full-time.

Drink the kool-aid, man! It's delicious!

noricum said...

You listed iWork twice... is one of those actually iLife, or are you just repeating yourself?

Nicoya said...

(edited it)

Nope, oddly I didn't get a copy of iLife.