Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cloudy Sunday

So this morning around 11 I decided to take a little walk down to the store.

My first stop was at Staples. I wanted to see if they might have a cheap trackball there I could use on my laptop. I do love my laptop's clitmouse, but it's not the best input device for long-term use.

As it turns out, they did indeed have a trackball. A single model of trackball. For $80. Not quite what I'm looking for.

It just so happens that across the highway from Staples is an Office Depot, so I decided I might as well pay them a visit too. They also had a single (different) model of trackball, also for $80.

There weren't any other electronics-type stores around, so I stopped of at Canadian Tire and picked up a box of toggle bolts to fix the stair railing here, then went on to Superstore to get some milk, juice, and a sandwich for lunch.

I won't bore you with the details of lunch, save to say that it was a perfectly edible corned beef sandwich.

Once that was over and done with, I made reasonably short work of installing the toggle bolt for the stair railing, then soon after got to work installing Gail's new light fixture and dimmer switch in the dining room. It all went pretty smoothly and I managed to not electrocute myself even once!

I stuck some pictures of the work in my vacation dump gallery (skip to the last page), though if you're reading this a few months from now they've probably been moved to somewhere more sorted.

2 comments:

noricum said...

Grrr... I had a comment half typed out, and then crashed my browser on another page. :P

My comment went something like this: clean spot on the ceiling! You have hair! That fence between the bear and the people sure is wimpy!

Clicking publish now before I manage to lose it again!

Nicoya said...

The ceiling needed repainting anyway, my head is getting quite fuzzy, and the bears are retired hollywood stunt bears and so generally pose very little threat.

One of these days you might think of upgrading your OS. They do fix those bugs from time to time.