Monday, June 4, 2007

Retail Therapy

Now I'm not exactly a shopaholic, but it does feel good to scratch a few things off my need-to-buy list.

The first stop was Superstore, where I bought the usual load of groceries, along with a roll of that non-slip drawer liner stuff. I cut it into two pieces (24x20 inches) and laid them out in the trunk of the jellybean so that I wouldn't have to worry about stuff sliding around back there anymore.

The next stop (after dropping off the groceries at home) was Rona to pick up a new pair of safety glasses to wear cycling. I managed to find a rather fancy pair with gel pads and a nifty red frame, which made me happy.

After that it was a quick jaunt over to Zellers. The first item I picked up there was a new blanket for my bed, as my old blanket was starting to get a little frayed around the edges and generally threadbare. The new one is *really* nice; it's a dark blue plush microfiber blanket and it's really soft and warm. It's also about 2 feet longer than my old blanket, which is a bonus as the old one was a bit on the short side.

Next I got distracted in the cleaning supplies aisle, and managed to find, after years of searching, a bottle of Jet Dry Dishwasher Cleaner! Finally! And you'll be happy to know that I ran it through the dishwasher and it cleaned away all the dingy rust staining in the tub, leaving it sparkling and white just like new!

Finally I made it over to the menswear department and picked up some new loafing-shorts to wear around the house, as my old ones were, once again, getting a bit tattered and threadbare.

Subtracting my usual food purchases, I managed to get everything for well under $100 too.

I did forget to pick up new wipers for the jellybean, though, and I was right beside Canadian Tire! Oh well, next time...

No comments: