Monday, June 11, 2007

Odds and Ends

Picked up new wipers for the jellybean today (it turns out Canadian Tire does stock the 13 inch ones, they just don't list them on the website), as well as some of those convex "blind spot" mirrors.

You see, my car is apparently designed for stumpy little Korean people. This means that when I have the seat adjusted properly, about 1/3 of the side mirrors just reflects the sides of my car. I stuck the blind spot mirrors there, since I don't think I've ever ran into the side of my own car.

Of course, 1/3 of the blind spot mirrors now reflect the side of my car, but that's ok. The other side reflects the blind spot just fine. I think in hindsight I should have got the adjustable ones, maybe some day I'll upgrade them. (They're pretty easy to remove; just need to slice through the foam tape with some dental floss, then pull the adhesive stuff off)

I was also inspired to add a few things to my xmas list, namely one of those heavy-bottom trash cans for my car, as well as a bicycle pump with a built-in pressure gauge (for my bike/unicycle, not for my car). I'm also tempted to get a new tire and tube for my unicycle, as new tires are rated up to 65psi rather than the 45 that my current one is rated (and I fill it to 75), and the tube tends to leak slightly.

No comments: